Lighting Up Daphne

The+Daphne+Tree+Lighting+takes+place+Thursday+at+6pm%2C+this+is+the+5th+year+the+city+of+Daphne+has+sponsored+the+event.+
The Daphne Tree Lighting takes place Thursday at 6pm, this is the 5th year the city of Daphne has sponsored the event.

Lydia Werling

Lydia Werling

Jacob Latham and Lydia Werling, Staff Writer and Editor

The annual  Daphne Tree Lighting has been arranged to be held at Daphne’s City Hall this Thursday, November 30th from 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. The city has been hosting this event for the past five years and always includes an open house at the City Hall.

The Daphne Middle School choir will be performing a Christmas arrangement of Carol of the Bells, in addition to a diverse piece known as African Noel which is written in the Tshiluba language , which will be accompanied by percussion instruments.

This glowing event is for all ages, a time where families, friends and neighbors can enjoy train rides, hot chocolate, and festive music at our historic city hall. Jocelyn Wright, a student at daphne high, attended last year’s Tree Lighting ceremony.

“The lighting was very nice and I thought I was part of a very loving community,” Jocelyn Wright said.