JROTC, A Bridge between Two Schools

Austin Anderson, Writer

Everyday Monday through Friday, during third and fourth block, Spanish Fort High School students come to Daphne High School for AFJROTC.  JROTC is part of many Daphne parades, but the question is does Spanish Fort cadets want to a part of Daphne High?Some people would agree, but do Spanish Fort cadets truly feel like a part of Daphne High School?

Cadet Airman First Class Racheal Chastang, a Spanish Fort cadet, said that Spanish Fort students do have a sense of pride for the Toro community. However, Racheal truly feels like  a part of not just AFJROTC, but also a part of Daphne High.

“Everyone is so nice and I feel accepted. Even though our flight is made up of mostly Daphne students I feel like I’m a part of that, not just a Spanish Fort student surrounded by Daphne kids.” Chastang said.

According to Cadet Tucker Harville, he feels the opposite of that. He likes the teachers as much as the school itself, unlike Chastang is to Daphne High, Harville is more connected to Spanish Fort High School.

“I think that’s more because we aren’t in the school necessarily, we just show up and go to the JROTC room so we don’t participate in anything Daphne does,  we never interact with any other Daphne students other than the ones in JROTC, other than very special occasions.” Harville said.