Daphne Football Senior Night Game vs. Gulf Shores

Khamia Lacey, Reporter

Friday, October 19 2018 was a night to remember for Daphne football team and fans. Third home game win for Daphne varsity football team at Jubilee Stadium, Daphne AL. The football game started at 7.00pm and ending around 9:30.

Senior Night also took place for Class of 2019 before the game at Jubilee Stadium. Senior night is the hornorace of seniors attending Daphne High School who participate in sports. Senior students names were called out to recognize them for their participation and to snap photos with family members.

During the pep rally earlier Friday, former student Christian Williams was recognized for being invited to play in the Under Armour All-American football game. Only the best 100 high school players in the U.S. get invited to the event. Senior moms also put on a dance for the entire school at the pep rally. Split the pot raffle tickets were sold by Daphne girls basketball team.

Things are looking good for Daphne High Schools football team early on. Alabama Commit, Christian Williams scoring the first touchdown of the night, Trojans 7 to 0 over Gulf Shores. Cameron Young took the hand off and got into the in zone with ease, adding three more scores later in the game.

“I think the team played very good tonight and I’m glad we won.” Christian Williams said.

Gage Bonner passed the ball to Christian William. Completed pass leads to a 45 yard touchdown. Daphne drove the lead to 35-3 before the Dolphins got their first touchdown. Final score 42-17, Daphne taking the win.

“I feel like the team finally came together as a unit.” Jacob Nicholson said.